We are here to help! If you can't find the answers to your questions in the instruction manual or the Frequently Asked Questions section below, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Our technical support is available from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. I am trying to do an Update from Internet and I am receiving a message that says "Update error (-5)". How do I correct this?
This error generally means that something is preventing Speed-Quote from connecting to the internet.
Please check your Firewall settings and confirm that Speed-Quote is allowed to connect to the internet.
2. I would like to transfer my database from one computer to another. How do I do this?
Please use the following steps to transfer your database:
For instruction on loading the database on the destination computer, please see the answer to the next question.
3. I have a database file that I received from a co-worker. How do I load this file into my Speed Quote?
Please use the following steps to load the database:
4. How do I set up a field in Speed-Quote so that default information is filled in every time I create a new quote?
Fill out the field in question with the information you wish to be set as default. Right click on the field and select the "Set Default" option. The field will now turn blue to indicate that a default has been set. Any time you create a new product quote the default information will automatically be filled in. Defaults are set on a form by form basis, so you can have different defaults on each retailer form.
5. I am trying to change the picture on my master sheet but Speed-Quote does not seem to recognize the picture. What is happening?
Pictures for use in Speed-Quote must be either .jpg or .bmp format. Speed Quote does not currently recognize any other type of picture format.
6. How can I run Speed-Quote on a Mac computer?
If you have a Mac computer with an Intel processor, you can run Speed-Quote using a virtual machine. We recommend VMWare Fusion. You will require a copy of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (for Windows) to load into the VMWare Fusion virtual machine.
Install VMWare Fusion and create a virtual machine using your copy of Microsoft Windows. Run the Windows virtual machine, and insure that VMWare tools have been installed. From within the Windows virtual machine, install your copy of Microsoft Office for Windows. Finally, install Speed-Quote in your virtual machine. Insure that USB support is enabled in your virtual machine if you are using a Speed-Quote security key.
You will now be able to run Speed-Quote on the virtual machine from within Mac OSX, and do not need to reboot or leave the Mac OSX environment. If you have any questions about running Speed-Quote on your Mac, give us a call or email us at email@example.com